Teacher in Whale Cove, Nunavut

Thursday 6 September 2012

Fall is approaching!

The temperature is dropping here and the wind is picking up! So I have ordered a parka :) It will be ready in two to three weeks!

There was a wedding in the community last night, so the attendance this morning was dismal. I had three students in my first period class and four in my second period. Students starting showing up around 11:00am and it turned out the be a really productive day.

I had the first basketball practice today for senior boys. They were so excited. There is a great deal of skill, they just need some practice. We also need to fundraise so we can get enough money to participate in the tournament at baker lake and so we can also get awesome uniforms! The students are planning bingo night and a teen dance to help raise money. It is amazing how much respect you gain from the students by participating in after school activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment