Teacher in Whale Cove, Nunavut

Tuesday 13 November 2012

November

School is getting very busy! We are nearing the end of the semester, which means I have to get through alot of content with the students in little time before exams! The upside to this, is time will move very quickly :).

My dad came to visit last weekend :) There was a blizzard Thursday night, ending Friday morning; therefore, his flights were delayed and then cancelled on Friday (The visibility was poor from all the blowing snow). So he was stuck in Rankin Friday night. Luckily he was able to get in to Whale Cove Saturday afternoon! It was kind of a surprise to see him show up on Saturday because we were told that there was no way he would be able to get on the flight on saturday because it was full. However, he made it! It was a wonderful visit! We walked around Whale Cove about 4 times, and I took Dad to see me play community basketball with my students!

Two weeks ago I rescued a black puppy from freezing/starving to death. When I saw him it was love at first sight and I knew I couldn't just walk away from him. So I brought it home and surprised my room mates with it. I am lucky that on of my roommates (Alex) knows alot about training dogs. I started training him right away, and soon found out that the puppy was a genius (I trained him to sit in 1 day). For days my mom and I were trying to figure out how to get the puppy home for christmas. The airlines don't take pets during christmas time and it was to complicated and expensive to fly him by himself before the christmas season, so my Dad agreed to take him back with him when he returned home on Monday. So My Dad and my puppy (Qimmik) travelled home last night! :(

Today is a balmy -43 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment