Teacher in Whale Cove, Nunavut

Friday 17 August 2012

I am here! I am here! I am here!

I have finally settled in! Flights were great, arrived in Whale Cove around 3pm my time. A Conservation Officer and my principle picked me and my new roomie up from the airport (which was a portable) When I went to help him load the suitcases in the box of the truck I noticed that there was a bloody caribou hide, hooves and antlers. So its Caribou season now for the white folk (I was told there is white rules and Inuit rules). So I'm going to look into getting a hunting/fishing license!

When we arrived at our new house we had to unload our bags and quickly get ready to go to the school to meet the students. The school is really nice, Grades K-12. Im teaching the highschoolers Geography, Enviro Science and English. I start Monday so I have lots and lots of planning to do!

When we got back to the house I had a melt down because I thought my phone wouldnt be able to get wifi.......Buttttt it does thank god so I can Imessage :) It took about 4 hours to unpack and rig up my curtains and now I feel settled and super excited to explore tomorrow!

Ps. Everyone has a four wheeler here and I want one, first purchase??


No comments:

Post a Comment