Teacher in Whale Cove, Nunavut

Monday 9 December 2013

Christmas time

I apologize for neglecting my blog so much these past months. Whale Cove offers a simple life, however it can get quite busy. The November long weekend my parents came up for a visit. It was very cold the weekend they came up and the Ice was starting to freeze, therefore many polar bears had been sighted. This made it difficult to take my parents out exploring on the land; however, we did make it up to the whales tale. My parents came up with 4 rubber maid totes filled with goodies :) My mom and I got some cooking and baking done and my Dad got some down time! It was a very relaxing and enjoyable visit.

I had a chance to travel to Iqaluit in November. I took 10 students to the territorial wide Badminton tournament held in Iqaluit. On the way there I had to sleep in Rankin because flights did not match up and on the way back I had to stay over in Rankin two nights. By the end of the week I was very happy to return home. It was an awesome trip, the kids were great! We won some medals and we all get to experience beautiful Iqaluit a little bit. The only down side to this trip was sleeping on a classroom floor for four nights!

I been working really hard on a new project that Inuglak School has took on. We have been offered an exchange trip to Bracebridge, Ontario. In March students from Bracebridge and Muskoka Lakes Secondary School will be coming to Whale Cove. We will organize feasts and activities and land trips for them and then in April we will be travelling to Bracebridge Ontario. We are all very excited about this!

Christmas time is here and I will be flying back to Toronto on Tuesday, December 17th. I am very excited to spend the holidays with family and friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment