Teacher in Whale Cove, Nunavut

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Getting anxious for summer break

The school year is winding down. After this week we have two long weekends so two four days weeks and then one 3 day week and then school is finished. It seems so close but so far away at the same time. I know I will miss Whale Cove over the summer, and I will be excited to return in August but right now I think we all need a break.

Last week we had a pretty bad blizzard that started monday and didn't end till Tuesday night. We were dumped with a great deal of snow. The snow banks were as high as the houses (as you can see in the pictures). It was really nice to have a short week. We were supposed to take the kids out on the land for a sliding day; however, the weather did not corporate, we tried again yesterday but again the weather was not in our favour. Hopefully we will be able to take them out this week; however it has been quite cold the past few days, -32 with the wind chill. I am starting to crave warmth, especially because back home it is 20 degrees +. I think I may be the whitest person in Belleville when I return home.

This weekend Whale Cove held their annual Bravo races (Snowmobile races) and a $10,000 poker tournament. We went down to check out the races but only caught the tale end of one, I did end up seeing a pretty old bombardier though.

That is all for now!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment