Teacher in Whale Cove, Nunavut

Monday 4 February 2013

End of January

Last week felt like an extremely long week. There were no blizzards, so it was a full week. It was a cold week, I got pretty bad frost bite on my nose. When I take Qimmik out in the cold his whole face turns white, he looks like an old man. Saturday was cold, Alex and I walked up to the arena to go to public skate, on the walk up I got another dose of frost bite on my left cheek. We arrived to late for public skate and ended up watching the younger boys play hockey. Sunday I got more frost bite on my right cheek. I'm beginning to think that I need to wear a balaclava.

Two more weeks until I come home for Professional Development week. January has gone by so quickly! When I am home I will be taking music lessons (which will be a nice refresher) and I'll be attending a conference in Toronto, so I will be able to stay at my sister's new apartment. On the way back I'll be brining back Alex's dog. Qimmik will be so happy to have a dog friend in the house again.

That's all for now, I will post again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment