Teacher in Whale Cove, Nunavut

Friday 14 September 2012

Baker Lake

Today I fly back to Whale Cove, the week flew by. The seminars I attended were more than informative and the food served three times a day by the hotel was more than enough. I feel like I don't need to eat for at least a week. Wednesday night the teachers, principles and KSO staff all went out to a cabin out on the land. It was very much like a cottage. We had a barbecue and participated in a Bannick Bread making competition. Whale Cove won 1st place in the flavour category :)

This week also offered a great opportunity to network. I met a number of people that work in our board office, some teachers from other communities and employees of the government of Alberta.

All in all it was a great week, now back to Whale Cove (Cant wait to get back in the classroom with all this new found knowledge) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment