Teacher in Whale Cove, Nunavut

Monday 17 September 2012

A little homesick..

I was a little bit homesick this past weekend. Friday my Dad had to go to emerg because he had Kidney Stones, so that gave me a scare and it kinda brought home how hard it would be to get home fast if anything should ever happen to anyone. 

Saturday was my birthday. My first Birthday away from family and friends, this also made me a little homesick. However, when I arrived at the school today my homesick feelings disappeared. The students ran up to me and told me they missed me and that they were glad I was back. This made me feel so much better. 

This weekend my Mom is coming up and I am so excited :) I am so excited for her to experience what it is like living in Nunavut! I honestly feel that Nunavut is a neglected part of Canada and the more people read, learn and experience what it is really like up here the more chance we have of making some changes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment